Asparagus with Apple Vinaigrette
3/4 cup apples, peeled,
cored and quartered
1 cup water tablespoon honey
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons brandy
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, cooked tender crisp
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan, over
medium heat, simmer the apples and honey in water
2. Cool in the pan and remove the apples.
3. Place the apples in a food processor or blender and puree.
4. Add vinegar, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and brandy to the apple puree
and blend for one minute.
5. With machine running, add the vegetable oil, blending until smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook or steam asparagus until tender. Arrange on individual serving plates
and cover with several spoons of vinaigrette.
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 small garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
Combine the ingredients. Shake until blended.